Sunday, February 11, 2018

This 'n That ~



Happy Sunday to you.  Another week has flown by and we are almost to the middle of February.  Only 37 days until spring :)
 
I tried snow cleaning a vintage rug the other day.  I do think it is not quite as dingy as it was.  (It looks better in the picture than in person.)  I know some people swear by it.  It's easy to find the how to by doing an internet search.

 
My Maggie Bonanomi rug is finished.  I do love how it came out.  I changed the round flower on the right just a bit.  Put the paisley in the center instead of a circle of it.  Much better, me thinks.  This was started January 12 in a class with Kris Miller at Off the Ocean Rug Conference in Jacksonville, Florida.  Now to steam and bind :(  Not my favorite things but I am going to git 'er done :)

 
A few people inquired as to how I make my rug labels shown in my last post.  Click here to see how I do it.
 
I love my Fitbit, but does yours ever cheat you?  Occasionally mine will not register a flight of stairs, but it REALLY ticks me off when it does not register my morning exercise.  Same treadmill, same settings, but every once in a while it does not track it and I just feel so cheated . . . lol.  I am so fortunate to have that as my main complaint today.  I really am blessed and every morning when I am in my hot shower, I am thankful.  By the luck of the draw I was born in the United States ~ this great Land of ours ~ and there is no where else I would rather be.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

love both your vintage rug and your Maggie rug Lauren!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love both of the rugs, Lauren! My fitbit is sitting in the drawer...it's being punished...LOL!!

NMK said...

Beautiful rugs !!!!

Krissy B. said...

Love the Maggie rug. Great colors.

Julia said...

I too, am counting the days to spring...
I love your snow cleaned vintage rug. We have lots of new snow, maybe I should try cleaning a few floor rugs but I feel too lazy lately. your Bonanomi rug looks lovely. You hook that pretty fast.

I like the idea of putting that Fitbit in a drawer in punishment, lol. That might teact it a lesson. I know I don't need a Fitbit but I may need one, one day when I retire.

I'll have to go click your link to see how you make your labels. I forgot how you did it.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Julia

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Love my fitbit but sometimes it doesn't register my sleep which is the main reason I wear mine. Hubby had a guy that worked for him that had a daily competition with his wife about steps and he kept losing. He started strapping his to the dog every day before work so he'd start winning....LOL!
Love the rug and I'd happily steam and bind that one for you but couldn't promise to actually send it back to you. I just love it!

marly said...

I looked up the cleaning method and am considering throwing a cotton rag rug out there, just for an excuse to wield a big stick.
Just bought a garment steamer and love it. Your rug is gorgeous and I love those dark colors.

Prims By The Water said...

Gosh I so in love with your new rug. Just love everything about it...colors and design. Love Love Love. Janice

acorn hollow said...

I am with you we are blessed to be here. Love your recent finish I don't have a fit bit so no idea how they are.
Cathy

Farm Girl said...

I wish I had snow to clean my rugs. I love your Maggie rug! It is wonderful.
Yes, all of the time, that fitbit does that to me as well. In fact, it seem that it has done it more than normal this year. I am so glad you said something. My minutes of exercise just disappeared last week, 53 minutes just gone. I have to step back and count my blessings too. I always think they must be doing some sort of a update or something.
Have a lovely new week.

moosecraft said...

Oh my! I am in love with that Maggie rug! Everything about it is perfection! Amen to being proud to be American! :-)

Margaret said...

Love your Maggie finish! It's wonderful! I track my steps using my phone. :D I do feel cheated whenever it misses something. Luckily, knock on wood, it's usually on its game and does fine.

Saundra said...

Love how you hooked the MB rug and the vintage one is lovely too. My fit bit doesn't record the bicycle rides and it IS an exercise. So what I do is pin my fit bit to the lower part of my pant leg so it records the movement of my legs.