Saturday, December 16, 2017

Getting Close ~



ARGH!!!  My last post was a week ago.  Since I was "almost" done with Christmas decorating many days ago, why am I still so darn busy from morning to night?  I've not had any hooking time or time to just kick back and relax.  (What is that?)  Hopefully this week I will finally have some me time.

This little tree sits on an antique cupboard in my teeny tiny one person kitchen.  It is decorated with old figural light bulbs.  I painted the gourd Santa many years ago and also punched the little Santa mat (pattern by Lori Brechlin).





Thankfully I found this little guy before Christmas was over and added him to my chenille Santa tree.  He's only about 2 1/2" tall.


Last week I found a dozen of these sweet vintage glass bell ornaments.  They are less than an inch tall.  


Since the trees were all decorated when I bought these vintage glass bead garlands, they just ended up in a bowl for the season.  They are just too pretty to put away.


I love this book since it is dated the year my mom was born.  
 

I do finally have one finish to show you :)  The label is ready and just needs to be sewn on.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It looks wonderful and a wonderful collection of vintage ornaments.

Debbie

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love the the light bulb tree...so cute and nostalgic!
I especially love that you have a tiny kitchen. When we lived in our condo we had a big kitchen...I couldn't stand it! When we were house hunting I looked for a small kitchen...one where everything was in reach...no walking all over. I love my little kitchen! The Santa rug is adorable!
Robyn

village folk art said...

I luv your little tree that sits on an antique cupboard in your teeny tiny one person kitchen. It brings back many good warm memories. You are so all decked out and of course your punched Santa, How wonderful!
Barb

Saundra said...

Those pipe cleaner santas are wonderful and have never saw one in person. Hope you can find that time to kick back and relax, maybe even hook. But by the time you finish decorating, celebrating Christmas, it will be time to put it all away.

Julia said...

Lauren why don't you just leave all your Christmas decorations until next Christmas, that way you won't have to put it away and you won't have to decorate again next year. You can use the extra time to hook and do antique shows.

Kidding aside, your little trees are looking adorable.
My days have been crazy busy too at the farm.
4 new calves and no more room in the nursery. Life isn't perfect but we have to do the best with what we got.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Those light bulbs are so neat. Also love your chenille Santas too! I so love all your little trees. Janice

marly said...

Love seeing your collections. Those tiny glass bells are so sweet. I'm going to the only (and crappy) antique mall we have. Doubt I will find anything and without heat, I'll be flying through quickly!

denise said...

love your trees!!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Love your little tree with the light bulb ornaments!! So sweet!!! You have some wonderful collections!!! I did the same things with some garlands I have and love them in an old bowl!! The Chatterbox book is just beautiful!!! Would love to find one of those, too!! Your Santa rug is darling!! I feel like you do......have pictures I took a week ago and still haven't posted them!! Hopefully TODAY!!!!
Hope you have a lovely week!
Christmas Hugs~
Julie

Unknown said...

Great hooked piece and wonderful collection!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

wonderful memories! love the book and that little glass snowfella especially <3
L