Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Thanks for the Input ~


Thanks to all who left a comment on my last post and gave me their two cents on shutter/door color.  It was unanimous that I go with a red door.  Marly was so kind as to send me a mock up of three different color schemes with the offer of more if I desired.  I had briefly tried to find one of those apps, but quickly gave up when the first one did not work out.  Thanks so much Marly.

I decided to use the shutters that were on the house, so those are in the process of being painted grey.  Ugh, what a PIA to paint, but eight of ten have the first coat on.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a productive day.
 
Some rugs just hook easier than others.  I can't believe how much I have gotten done on this rug.  I am hooking it in an 8.5 and 9 cut, but for me this is great progress.


I had a small piece of the perfect chicken wool.  Thankfully when I went hooking on Monday, Connie had more.


Fingers crossed.  I have been dogless for well over a year and if all goes as planned, on Saturday I will be picking up a five year old female pug to foster.  Please think good thoughts.
 
Also, please say a prayer for a dear, dear friend.  Her pug has just been diagnosed with cancer and this is the third pug she will lose to the dreaded "C".  My heart just breaks for her.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

14 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I hate painting, lol. I just want it done and Bill is too slow, hopefully he will finish the kitchen before the year is over;) Love that wool for the chicken, I think I have that, still have yardage of lighter colors that i can use to dye with, in case i need a special color.

Debbie

marly said...

Good luck with the newest foster. Sorry to hear about your friend's pup.

That chicken's wool IS perfect. Looking good.

acorn hollow said...

good luck with your foster pug. So sad to lose a dog I think that is why I just can't do another pet we were so devastated to lose our last one.
cathy

Saundra said...

I love that Shepherd's Sheep wool from Betsy and it is my favorite light.

Farm Girl said...

I love that chicken wool color. I do love to see your hooking. I will pray that you and the new pug get along. I do not know how I would ever live without a dog. I will be praying for your friend too. That is so sad. You are so busy. Did you get your new fitbit?

Julia said...

Wow, never a boring moment in your life. I'm sure that your foster pug will love being taken care by you but I don't know how you do it... Loosing animals is so very hard to get used to. My heart goes out to your friend who lost her pug.

I'm glad your shutters are almost finished painting and i can't believe how productive you've been on that rug. It looks really nice.

Hugs, Julia

Gayle said...

Your rug is fabulous! I have a friend who hooked this design too - I haven't seen a single version I don't like! LOL Yay for your red door - can't wait to see it! Our new house is red and I love it!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Glad you made a decision and hope the painting goes quickly! Marly is such a giver and I know that must have helped so much!! I hope all goes well with you and the new pug on Saturday! So very sorry for your friend and her dear pug! Prayers for you both!!!
Take care, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Prims By The Water said...

Love this design by Lori. Hope the shutters go well. Also saying a prayer for your friend. Janice

Anonymous said...

I love that Shepherd's Sheep wool from Betsy and it is my favorite light.


เย็ดสาว

Angela Tucker said...

That chicken is so cute!! I am sad for your friend. There is no way to describe the pain that comes from losing a beloved animal.

And I hope that your foster goes well. My two dogs seem to fit well, though the amount of play that happens after midnight needs to stop. LOL

Have an amazing day!

Jennie in GA said...

You'll be dragging out something else to hook before you know it. Love the way this one is turning out. I don't hate to do the actual painting, but can't stand the preparation and clean up. Have fun...you know it is going to look great. Can't wait to meet your new foster.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Did you get your sweet little pug ???
Pictures please;)
Rose

Unknown said...

I just want it done and Bill is too slow, hopefully he will finish the kitchen before the year is over;) Love that wool for the chicken, I think I have that, still have yardage of lighter colors that i can use to dye with, in case i need a special color.

พี่มากพระโขนง