Saturday, December 17, 2016

Labeling Rugs ~



I think I hate labeling rugs more than binding them.  Mine aren't nearly as fancy as Saundra's, but I do print mine up on the computer in a Word document.  I wish I had wonderful penmanship and could hand write them, but that is not the case.  I have two rugs that MUST be labeled today and one by Monday (that is not yet bound) and of course my printer was giving me fits.  I finally was able to print them off on printable fabric. 
 
 
This is the brand of fabric sheets I buy.  It is thin once the backing is pulled off and I iron on a lightweight fusible interfacing.  It was purchased at Michael's. 
 
 
I then cut them out, stain them (with coffee or tea) and sew them on.  My stitches are a bit wonky ~ hand sewing is not my forte.  I actually sewed them on pretty straight.  That doesn't happen often :)
 
 
Gotta run.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
 

10 comments:

denise said...

neat idea

marly said...

Look pretty darn good to me.

Saundra said...

Yes, you did sew yours on straight and I can never seem to get mine stitched straight. Could be my outside hooked border is off or the under binding tape isn't right. But at least we've labeled them with the love and credit to all. Good job Lauren!!!!

Julia said...

You did a fantastic job on the labels and the stitching is very straight as far as I'm concerned. Thanks so much for the tutorial. That's one thing I need to do some day... I'm always scared too jam the company's printer then I'd be in deep doo-doo. I guess I'm always in deep doo-doo anyway.
Snowing still.
Hugs,
Julia

Kim said...

Your labels look great. I always wanted to do that but you know how it goes. Lol

Three Sheep Studio said...

These are great labels, Lauren. What's most important is that your work has a label with a few details !
(When I do shows, the first thing people do is turn over the work and look for a label ! Go figure !)
Rose

Margaret said...

Love your labels. They look great!

Unknown said...

i love your blog. Keep sharing.
https://www.shoppypal.com/p/orian-rugs-indoor-outdoor-paisley-paisley-multi-runner_69077.htm

Earlene said...

~~~Merry Christmas Lauren~~~~

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Thanks for the great tips on how you make labels! Well worth knowing!! Your sewing looks perfectly straight to me! Great job!!
Christmas Hugs~
Julie