Saturday, October 22, 2016

Totally Overestimated ~


I grossly overestimated how much hooking I would get done on the trip, but I did finish a few things.  I needed mindless hooking and these fit the bill.  This table runner is 12" x 36" and barely made a dent in my worms. 
 
 
Below is a pattern by Connie Bradley/Wool Yankers.  She will be launching a website soon and asked some of her regulars that hook with her to hook one of her patterns.  Honeycomb is 12" x 23 1/2".  I wanted something neutral and calming.  Not too sure if I like the results but I'm hoping Connie does :)  That worm on the left side of the rug is all I had left of the border wool and I wasn't sure if I was going to make it.  It was dyed wool I bought years ago so I probably would not have been able to find a suitable match. 
 
 
This was an impromptu mat that was hooked on the last leg of our trip.  Another no-brainer that used some of the worms I had cut for the above rug.  It measure about 9 1/2" x 13 1/2".  I just need to finish tacking down the binding.
 
 
I am now back to working on my Magdalena rug.  I thought I was not liking it, but after not having seen it for over 3 weeks, I think I do :)


Still need to get pics of my treasures that came home with me.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

Margaret said...

I've enjoyed seeing pics from your trip and all! We used to make half-across the country trips a lot when I was little -- brings back memories!

Ariane said...

Your rugs all look amazing. I love them all!

Saundra said...

Wow, I'm impressed with how many pieces you accomplished in your hooking. Love the neutral last two as well. Well done woman!!!

acorn hollow said...

I bet you had a wonderful time on your trip but there is no place like home.
love your rugs.
Cathy

village folk art said...

Oh Boy...If those rugs could talk. They are all wonderful. Enjoyed your trip, now to enjoy home again.

Peace for all and God Bless America,
Barb

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
You sure did put some serious miles on that hook!! Love all you accomplished while Fritz did the driving!!
The Magdalena will be a whole different kind of fun now!!
Loved sharing you trip with you!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

denise said...

very nice!

kelley said...

thanks for sharing your trip with us, it stirred up memories from my time out west...you got a lot of hooking done on the road! I'd have been sleeping...it take a lot of hooking to make a dent in the worm pile...I've been at it all summer...

kelley said...

and fall...

Kim said...

Now Lauren.....why is it your hit and miss pieces always look very planned? And why do mine look like a demented worm explosion? Lol. Good job on those pieces

Jennie in GA said...

Great job. I especially love the impromptu mat....so soothing, and I am drawn to linear hooking. Glad you're home safely!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Any rugs completed on a trip is an accomplishment !!
Glad your home safe.
Rose

Jacqueline said...

I would say you accomplished a lot of hooking on your trip. Glad you are home safe and sound.