Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pedal to the Point


Pedal to the Point is a two day, 150 mile fundraising bike ride in early August to benefit the Multiple Sclerosis Society.  Fellow blogger, knitter, spinner, and chicken raising hooker Andrea of That'll Do Farm will be riding.  In order to participate, a rider must pay a fee and then pledge to raise $250.00 for MS.  Can you spare $5.00 to help her reach/surpass her goal?  If you can help, please click here.
I definitely admire her.  I'm not sure I could make 5 miles.  I hope she has a comfy seat!

Andi's ride

I skipped hooking tonight to take Annie to a fundraiser for Ohio Pug Rescue hoping that just maybe she'd find someone interested in giving her a forever home.  I guess it wasn't meant to be, but on Sunday we are attending another event and maybe we'll get lucky :)

Saturday hooker friend Melissa and I are heading to Ann Arbor, MI, to meet up with Bobbie to attend a hook-in.  I'm sure it will be great fun and hopefully I will even pull a few loops.  Is anyone reading this attending?  If so, please let me know!  I've made a bit of progress on my antique adaptation that I started at the retreat a couple of weeks ago and will post a picture soon.

Thanks for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

5 comments:

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

How great of her to do this!! have fun at your hook-ins!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Good luck to Andrea! Enjoy the weekend hooking!
Robyn

Andrea said...

Go to Zingerman's when you're in Ann Arbor. Take your wallet, but you won't be disappointed in anything they sell. I'll be at Katie Allman's class in Vermilion on hooking samplers.

Julia said...

Wishing Andrea a successful fundraising for such a good cause.

I sure hope that Annie will find a furever home real soon.

Have fun at your hookin.

Hugs, JB

TheCrankyCrow said...

Andrea makes me feel like a real slacker....I look at my bike each year hanging in the garage and think "10 speeds? What was I thinking??!") Good luck on Sunday - can't believe someone has snatched up that winsome little face (attached to a very long tongue...) ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin