Friday, September 23, 2011

Pug Updates ~


I can't believe it is officially fall.  Where in the heck did the summer go?  Remember when we were kids, the summer seemed to last forever?  Now the old roller coaster of life is picking up speed.  I find it kind of scary :)

Remember Lulu?  She was my foster that was adopted in August.  I got a call from her dad Dick last evening.  He says she has settled in nicely and is a real sweetheart.  That does my heart good to hear that!

(Hono)Lulu

Remember Hopscotch (now known as Midge)?  She was the pug wannabe who was adopted to a wonderful pug mom in January.  Heidi is good at sending me pictures.  Here's the latest.




I find many similarities between Hopscotch and my current foster Annie Banannie.  They both have little monkey faces.  The main difference is their size.  Hopscotch was very petite and though Annie only weighs 20.5 pounds, she appears about twice the size of Hopscotch.  We visited the vet yesterday to get her rabies shot and have her microchip implanted.  I was very surprised to hear the vet say that Annie is all pug but that she wouldn't win any beauty contests...lol!



She has a good pug tail, but I could not tell anyone with a straight face that she is all pug.  I am happy to say that Terri who pretty much oversees everything in Ohio Pug Rescue agrees with me.  Though the vet may be right, we are going to have her adopted out as a pug mix.

 

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Happy fall, y'all.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren



15 comments:

acorn hollow said...

they are all so cute glad everyone is getting along in their new homes.
I got the sheep and note thank you so much I will get it connected soon.
you are right life is a roller coaster and it scares the wits out of me at times.
Cathy

Cheri back to larkrise said...

Hi Lauren, I love those sweet faces. Have a great weekend.

Penny said...

I've been showing my daughter all the pics of your cute little pugs (and wannabes!!). She is in love with Annie Banannie!! She is a pug person, and the homelier the better for her. Now, that's not saying that little Annie is homely..... She is ADORABLE, and we hope that she finds the perfect forever home soon!

Glad to hear that Lulu and Midge are settling into their new digs.... and I'm with you and Cathy -- sometimes life goes by so quickly it's frightening!!!
Enjoy the weekend....

Dog Trot Farm said...

Annie has a face of character and just look at that sweet little curly tail...I do hope she finds a forever home, I'm sure she is deserving of one. My late grandmother once told me "the older you grow the faster time flies" sad but how true. Have a great weekend, Julie.

Kim said...

I agree with Julie - Annie has character. How can you not smile when you look at that face!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Lauren~ Nithing like a doggie butt to end the day..smile..I like Annie's silly face.Happy first day of autumn.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Julia said...

Lauren, I love the individuality that shows on the face of Hopscotch and Annie Banannie. They are precious just the way they are. I'm sure that Annie will will soon find a home because there are caring people out there. Good luck to her. Getting her rabies shot is probably not much fun. I enjoy looking at your Pug Wall of Fame. Have a nice weekend. JB

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I've always been a corgi gal, but your little pugs tug at my heart! I love the updates on the clan!
Hugs!

Cathy G. said...

I'm always glad to hear the pugs are doing so well in their forever homes! Your Annie Banannie will win someone's heart I'm sure! You can't help but smile when you see her face! :) That tooth!!
Have a good weekend Lauren!
Cathy G

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Hi!!
I agree the older I get the faster the time flies. I just said to my husband that before we know it we're going to be 70!!! And 70 is sounding young. Used to think 38 was super old LOL!!! Anyways the pictures are so cute. Maybe we'll see you tommorrow at Malabar?? Have a nice weekend.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok...Am I the only one here or what? I happen to think that Annie is one of your cutest fosters ever....Could it be I'm not a purist? Or a pug purist?? Dunno - I thinks she's ADORABLE! And that picture of Hopscotch with her toy is absolutely calendar-worthy!! LOVE it!! And yeah - time's flying...fasten your seatbelt and hold on tight to your Margarita!! Happy, happy Autumn! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

moosecraft said...

Love all the update pictures! Annie looks like a sweetie pie! I am sure she will be adopted pretty quick!

The Barn Door said...

LOVE all the pictures especially the one at 'the end'!!!

Janice said...

I loved all your puggie pics.

My Colonial Home said...

Oh thank you Lauren...it's always so nice to hear the good stories.
Seems all your Foster Pugs have gone to HAPPY HOMES.

Karen