Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Eema update & more ~

Have you noticed that the days are getting longer? Only 74 days until spring. But who's counting? Oh, that would be me :)
In my next life, I want to come back as Eema. (For any newer readers, Eema was my former puppy mill momma that I fostered for 11 1/2 months before she got adopted.) Not the Eema that was the puppy mill momma, but the Eema that was adopted by Dolly and Dave. Eema is currently spending the winter in Florida. Lucky her! I hope she sends some sunshine to northern Ohio. She and her OPR pug sister Cher get to go to the dog park daily. I've been told it's the doggie equivalent of Chuckie Cheese!
Dolly emailed me that one day in the back yard Eema was taking a short cut back to the house and walked into the swimming pool. She was calmly doggie paddling to the stairs when Dolly retrieved her.
I'm sure many of you can relate to the following. I've been having these darned hot flashes for the last 6 years. Just when I think I am done with them, they once again rear their ugly head. I know others have them much worse, but I am so tired of waking up "moist", throwing off all the covers, and just as I am settling back to sleep, it is over, I'm freezing and have to wake up and put the covers back on. Enough is enough already :) (FYI ~ You youngsters have so much to look forward to...lol!)


Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you will stop again soon!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

8 comments:

Kim said...

So happy Eema found a wonderful new momma and is frolicking down south. But as for the hot flashes......6 YEARS?? Are you freakin kidding me? Gee, you make it sound so fun!

Loafer Mountain Primitives said...

Yep Lauren! That's me.... Little man doesn't know what to think, one minute Mom's hot the next I'm freezing. Can't stand tight shirts anymore too. I don't do Hormone replacement therapy. I try to manage it with diet and Estroven, works fairly well as long as I avoid certain foods. I'm two years into the "mind games". Fun Huh? My Mother keeps laughing at me, I don't think that's a good sign....
and I've been told it can last for 10 yars or more! Can I get a heating pad with AC?
Tisha

acorn hollow said...

I am with ya girl. So glad Eema is having so much fun.
cathy

weaverpat said...

Hi Lauren,
Oh, I had to laugh at your last post about your little She-Devil! The younger ones are a major change from the calm older ones like Eema.
I'm so glad that since Eema has been with you and her new forever parents she has had a chance to know love and kindness.

Waaaah! Six years of hot flashes! That's just not right. There should be a law! Shouldn't men have a turn too?

Julia said...

Oh girls, let me tell you about Hot flashes. I really don't think that it's fair that young girls and women have to go through all this stuff, starting from periods, pregnancy, pre-menopause, menopause to to end up all shriveled up at the end. I'm there already. lol and I still get the occasional hot flashes although they are a lot shorter in duration thank goodness for that and I'm on my way to 65. One of my friend is 75 and she still has hot flashes at the turn of the seasons.

On a sweeter note, I hope that Eema is having a great time in the sun. JB

Doris said...

On the hot flashes - I'm not even going to comment!!!!
I am so happy for Eema. What a lucky pup she turned out to be. She deserves the best after being in the puppy mill. Eloise and I send our love to you and her.

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

So glad to hear that Eema is living the "Good Life" She deserves it after what she went through the first part of her life. My husband teases me about spoiling Kae and Mr. Bill. i tell him that they've EARNED being spoiled to make up for the years they lived in a pen unloved.

I am with you on the hot flashes!!! Why is it I like to have them when it's 100 degress and 100 % humidity instead of when it's 15 degrees???

My Colonial Home said...

Yeahhhh for Emma...what a lucky little Pug!
Oh Lauren I think lots of us can relate to hot flashes.
I just had my physical yesterday and I asked the dr. if I'm too old (66) to still get hot flashes...he said NO...they will come and go as long as you live - some people get them during menop. and then it's over, some will continue to get them after and sometimes they will just pop up out of nowhere after 18 years! Like they did to me.....DARN.

Have a good one!
Karen