Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kingwood Hook-in ~

Kingwood Center in Mansfield, Ohio, was the site of hook-in on Saturday. The hook-in is hosted by Katie Allman of Kidl'-de-Divey Woolens. She hosts this event at no charge to the participants and she is definitely the hostess with the mostest. She provided us with an assortment of gourmet coffee and teas, bottled water and sodas, pastries, fresh fruit, cheese & crackers, baked goods, etc. I'm so sorry I neglected to get a picture of her :(
Kingwood Center is a 47 acre former estate garden that has been open to the public since 1953. The gardens are magnificent and I'll share some of those in another post.
Arrivals at Kingwood were greeted by two very noisy peacocks!

I love the sign on the door at the entrance to the hook-in.
Kaye and Jane (oh, I hope that is her name ~ I have a serious case of CRS and I've met her several times!) happily hooking.
Sylvia and Karin (eBay seller primitivespirits) hard at work.
A view of the room. That's Alice from Folk Art Primitives (in the black top) talking with Julie from Plum Run Creek in the back center.
And here's Alice working on her funky cat rug she started at a Barbara Carroll workshop. Alice is the only one I know who can hook bling and purple in to a rug and still have it primitive looking.
Rhonda from My Glory Stars was working the registration table all day and greeting everyone with a smile. Here's the latest she's working on. That lady is a virtual hooking machine!
A bit of the rug show...with more to share in another post. Enjoy the show.








Thank you so much for stopping by and please come again soon!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

Myglorystars said...

Lauren you are crazy!!!! It was so good to see you again!!! OK when are we going to be at same hooking again? I am waiting!!!!

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Lauren~Loved seeing you again!! Katie does a great job and the food was so good.

Doris said...

looks like a great time Lauren. I think hook-in's are great for seeing new rugs and new ideas for hooking. I know you had a great time - thanks for sharing

Sheila said...

It was great to met you Lauren I had a great time and the food and people were amazing. My first hook in and Katie did an amazing job.
Hope we see each other soon!

Kim said...

So much eye candy. Looks like fun. Great pics. Its nice to see so many familiar names from blogland.
Thanks for your always sweet comments on my blog.
Kim :)

Cathy G. said...

Enjoyed the rug show Lauren! Looks like everyone was having fun and getting lots of hooking done too! So many great rugs! Cathy G

Andrea said...

Love the rugs. It looks like a good time was had by all. Sorry I missed it! Must get back to hooking more regularly!!

weaverpat said...

WOW! A beautiful setting and lots of 'famous' hookers! What a great day! Isn't it fun to meet the people who write the blogs???

Jacqueline said...

thanks so much for sharing your day.. If this is an annual event maybe I can make it next year. Would love to meet all the blog hooking writers in person ..

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Oh, Lauren ~ you're funny! And thanks for picking the better photo to show! It was a great day ~ you got some good photos ~ there were some great rugs there for sure and a great day!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

And did I say "it was a great day"? Only twice ~ wonder if I'm getting senile??!!

Julie said...

This was a wonderful day. I enjoyed seeing so many of my hooking friends there. I saw you Lauren, but I didn't get close enough to talk. That was a great crowd!

Miccosukee said...

Lauren,
How wonderful to read your blog about the hook-in and then have the chance to visit it thru Alice's eyes on her blog. Such a treat! Part of my daily routine is checking in with you ladies.
Peace and happiness,
Trisha