Friday, February 12, 2010

Rug Finishes ~ Finally!

~ ~ ~ WELCOME FRIENDS ~ ~ ~
Today I thought I would share with you a few finished rugs.
As I've mentioned before, I like the hooking part, but I really, really, really don't like the finishing process and will put it off for a long time.
This is the largest rug I've hooked to date and the first rug I hooked with the intention of putting it on the floor (in a very low traffic area!). It took me five months to hook (but did a few small hooked and punch needle pieces during that time period) and it measures about 21 x 33. I finished the hooking in September and the binding yesterday.
I can't decide if I'm going to put it in front of the corner cupboard (one of my favorite pieces)...

...or in front of the wagon.
I must be on a cat kick. This rug was finished in November and the binding just this week. It measures about 15 x 19.
Finally, here is the rug that just gave me fits ~ the very belated Christmas gift that is finally in Alaska. It is only 14 x 19, but I just fought with this rug ~ I'm not sure why. If I had to do it over, I would make the dog bigger and not have him pooping a dog bone...lol!
Here is the real Tanner posing with the rug.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I do hope you will come again soon.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

16 comments:

weaverpat said...

Hi Lauren,
I love the primitive cat rug with the wagon and teddies! In fact, all the rugs are delightful! You are able to choose colors that make your rugs look like antiques without having to wait 100 years! I wish I had that talent.
Hugs to you and Eema!

Myglorystars said...

Love your rugs Lauren, I like the cat one in front of the wagon the best looks really prim.

From Sherry's Heart said...

Lauren, ya hooked one of my top favorite rugs that I'd love to hook and you did a GREAT job on all the rugs!!!!!

If you're takin' votes on where to put the cat rug,I vote for in front of the corner cupboard,The Queen says!!!!!

Joanne said...

Lauren - your rugs are wonderful - I have one similiar to hook - i think anywhere you put it, it will look great. Oh that Tanner is a cutie and he looks like he loves his rug! So cute!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Lauren, they are great! Now I can't wait to see what is NEXT!! I don't know why you had reservations about the Tanner rug. It is wonderful! I really like the rug with the wagon. How about a wider rug for in front of the cupboard? (it's a beautiful piece of furniture!)

bittersweet said...

Lauren, everything turned out wonderful, I love them all, and the Tanner rug is just great, don't know why you were having a problem. They all love so old and prim. Just a great job.
Thanks for sharing. See you next Fri. I hope.

The Wool Cupboard said...

Wow, Lauren...you've been busy! The rugs look great! Your wagon with the teddys is wonderful, too. I think the rugs will fit perfectly no matter where you put them. The colors that you used compliment your home very well. Congratulations on creating such wonderful treasures.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Your finished rugs are wonderful...like you I dread the binding process!

Tammy Burks said...

Your rugs turned out great! Not that it matters, but I'm voting for putting the rug in front of the cupboard....I say put it where it will get the most wear.....trust me on this....once they've been walked on more and more they just get the best patina to them.
The Tanner rug is adorable!

Doris said...

I vote for the rug with the wagon. Love the real dog - such a sad and lovely face! Keep up the good hooking work = looks like you are having lots of fun- what better to do in this snowy winter time.

moosecraft said...

I'm placing a vote for in front of the corner cupboard! :-) Very nice rug!

LoveThePrimLook said...

I love your work !!!

Hugs, Angie

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Yay!!! The cats are done!! They look great, Lauren ~ and I, too, vote for in front of the corner cupboard. The rug shows up very well with the richness of the wood!! And love the little Tanner rug ~ and it looks like Tanner does, too!

WoolenSails said...

I think the rug looks good in front of the wagon, gives it a nice primitive grouping together. Cats and wagons are fun, they go together, I would go with a primitive floral in front of the cabinet.
Happy Valentines Day!

Debbie

Margie said...

I love them all! I can't wait until I can try to hook a prim pug rug. :-)

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful rugs I love them all too! I just adore Tanner how sweet he is. I have a choc lab too Chancellor, they are just the best dogs ☺