Sunday, November 8, 2009

Something's Terribly Wrong Here ~ ~ ~

BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING!!!

(Sorry ;( I didn't mean to yell.)
Today is November 8. I live in northern Ohio. It should not be 74 degrees outside. I am lovin' it. {{grin}} We have only had one very mild frost this fall and it did not kill any of my flowers. I know it's coming, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.
Today I was outside painting my house. (Did I mention that it's November 8th and I live in northern Ohio?) My house was built in 1940 and has the original wood siding. I am having a problem with peeling paint. Of course all summer I put off taking care of a few spots that needed scraping and painting and since I had procrastinated for so long, I thought I'd have to live with it all winter. Today I got it done. Woo hoo!!! What a great feeling. Of course it is one of those 50 foot paint jobs ~ looks great from a distance of 50 feet ~ lol! Plus, I even got my grass cut one more time.
These pictures were taken yesterday and today.
Annual geranium ~
Perennial geranium ~
Wave Petunia ~
Marigold ~
I think this is called Dead Nettle ~
Primrose ~
Eema was outside soaking up the sunshine.
I am pug sitting a senior gal named Duchess. Perhaps you'll recall a post about her a few months ago. I'll post more about her later in the week. Here she is with Eema, napping while I type.
I hope you, too, have experienced some beautiful weather this weekend! Thank you so much for stopping by. I do appreciate your visit and to those that leave a comment, I enjoy reading each and every one of them.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

4 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Your flowers on the Northcoast look better than here in Central Ohio ~ although, some things are hanging in there!! You got your painting done!! Good girl!!

Janene said...

I know...isn't this weather unexpected and great?!
I painted yesterday...and today it is suppose to be more of the same...so I am going to get even more painting done before the snow starts flying!
Have a great week!

Joanne said...

Warmer here in Eastern PA too - I'll take it! Weather is so weird thought isn't it! Big congrats on getting your house painted - My uncles been working on his all summer too and finally got it down last week - he had some days he was out with a hair dryer trying to dry it because of a sudden threat of rain! And I know what you mean about the 50 ft. thing - his too! Love the pugs - they are so cute!

weaverpat said...

Your flowere look like spring!
We just finished cutting our grass and raking up the millions of leaves. No wind storm came by to blow them into the next county! LOL!!!
Cute pic of Eema and Dutchess! They look so comfy.