Thursday, July 23, 2009

Treenware collection ~ ~ ~

Good evening, everyone, and thank you for stopping by.
In a recent post, I showed the most recent piece of treenware that I purchased, so in this post I thought I would show you my collection. This little red reproduction cupboard was purchased over twenty years ago at the Christmas in the Colonies show in Medina, Ohio. Here is a close up with the door open showing the variety of pieces I've collected. Several of the pieces are banks, and on the bottom shelf are three document sanders.
Here is another open cupboard I have full of treen.

Here's a close-up of the top two left shelves. I believe the two pieces on the right of each shelf are Peaseware. The piece on the bottom right reads "St. Louis Exposition, 1904".
If you notice, there is a the label on the top right. I believe this was made from an old shipping crate. Whoever made it really did a lousy paint job, but it only adds to its character.
This is the side view of a document sander...

...and this is the top.
A fine pumice was shaken out through the holes in the top and sprinkled on freshly penned writings to soak up the excess ink.


(Sorry this picture is out of order and blogger won't let me move it.)
This is on the second shelf in the close-up above. The labels read "Flower Blossom" and the little perfume bottle fits inside the wooden container.
.Finally, here's a few pieces sitting on top of a small hanging cupboard.

I hope you have enjoyed the ten cent tour of my treenware collection. I have many more collections to share with you in the future.
I hope everyone has had a great week! I can't believe tomorrow is Friday again. Where is the time going???
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

5 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

That is definitely a big collection!!! You mentioned Christmas in the Colonies ~ I did that show for over 20 years! Most of them as a dollmaker ~ I was just getting into rug hooking for the last couple of years before I quit the show! Your neat cupboard speaks to the fact that it was a wonderful show in it's day!!! Thanks for sharing ~

Anonymous said...

Lauren, thanks for sharing the pictures of your collection with us, and your comments were also very educational as I had no previous knowlegde of "sanders". Looking forward to more pictures of your collections.
Karin

The Wool Cupboard said...

Lauren - Wow, you have a great collection, and I love the prim cupboard. Collecting is a lot of fun, isn't it? It would be more fun if I were independently wealthy!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Alice ~ For years I attended the show annually so I'm sure our paths crossed. In the last decade I've been maybe once.
Karin ~ Thanks for stopping by!
Linda ~ Oh, I do love to collect though I have slowed down in recent years, but if money were no object....watch out!

Lady Locust said...

What an absolutely beautiful collection! I love the feel of old worn soft wood. It has such a gentle luster to it.