Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rug and pug updates ~ ~ ~

Welcome and thanks for stopping by. I hope you are enjoying your summer!
For those of you who did not see a previous post, I am fostering a three year old female pug through Ohio Pug Rescue. She came into rescue with the name Fat Girl. I just couldn't call her that and she finally has a new name. Her is name is Fran and I call her Frannie. She has been such a sweetheart. Tuesday she went to the vet and was spayed and brought up to date on all her shots. Her only problem was whip worms and tomorrow she has her last dose of medication. (If you live in Ohio and are interested in adopting a pug, please visit the website www.ohiopugrescue.com.) She is going to make someone a wonderful pet ;-)
As you can see, I've made some progress on my rug, but not as much as I would have liked. I thought the rug looked a little top heavy, so I removed the top two rows. My goal is to find a half hour a day to hook, and this week I have failed miserably! There are also three birthdays this month I wanted to hook or needle punch a gift for. Well, the first birthday is today ~ needless to say that one did not get done. Heck, it didn't even get started...lol! Also, if you stop by Linda's blog, www.thewoolcupboard.blogspot.com, she has a great little freebie pattern I hope to make.
My favorite antique show is this Sunday in Milan, Ohio. Milan is the birth place of Thomas Edison and has a wonderful town square. Many quality dealers set up and I have found some great antiques there over the years. If you are anywhere near, you should try to stop. Oh, I did not mention the best part ~ ~ ~ the show has NO admission.
Here's hoping you've had a great week and your weekend will be even better.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

5 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Hi Lauren ~ yes, I, too, love that show in Milan ~ don't think we can squeeze it in this year ~ hope you find some good things!!! Poor little Fran ~ she had not such a good day today, hm? She'll be all better soon!!

The Wool Cupboard said...

Lauren - I hope Fran is adopted by a loving family soon. My rug hooking has slowed a bit, too! I'm agonizing over colors in my own cat rug, but I LOVE the way your rug is progressing. The Milan show sounds wonderful. Have fun!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Alice & Linda ~
Thanks for dropping by and leaving me a comment. It is much appreciated ;-)
The show in Milan was wonderful, as always, but I behaved myself. If money was no object, I could have filled up the SUV!!! I bought 2 things for my sweetie for Chrismas ~ luckily I found a friend there who could take them home for me. For myself I did buy a piece of Peaseware. The lid was broken and reglued and the base had a crack. Otherwise I could not afford it!
Linda ~ I hope you've figured out colors for your rug. I am anxious to see it.
I really must get out and do some yardwork! Hope you are both having a great weekend.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Lauren~ it was good to see you in Milan. I love all the goodies you found.
Karin

Rugs and Pugs said...

Karin ~
Good to see you, too. I hope you found some treasures also. Hope to see you tomorrow.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren