Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A peek in the hookin' room ~ ~ ~

A BIG THANK YOU to all who have stopped by in the last month! Today I had my 1000th hit. I am so happy. For months I thought about starting a blog, but was afraid no one would drop on by. Thank you all for erasing my doubts.
Today I thought I would give you the ten cent tour of my hooking/computer room. This is the smallest bedroom in the house and when I moved in almost ten years ago (where did the time go?), I got brave and painted it hunter green. I had never painted a room a dark color, let alone a small room, and to this day I still love the color! This built in corner desk is a little cramped, but it works as long as I don't let it get too cluttered.
Here's the file cabinet that keeps me semi-organized and an antique cupboard full of books. The grape ivy in the crock was started many years ago from a few snips from a friend's plant.
A view to the north wall. I use an old tool chest as a coffee table. The hanging corner cupboard is a reproduction made from tiger maple. On top of it sits a "snow bird".
Here are a few samplers I stitched years ago. (Sorry about the spots ~ I don't know why they are there).
The little table was made by my older son in high school shop class. It's hard to see but I have a little hit and miss rug on top ~ the third thing I hooked back in May 2005.
This little hooked mat was hooked by Bonnie Stahl and purchased on eBay.
And finally ~ a couple of months ago I picked this up from a neighbor's trash pile. This is NOT quality furniture...lol! It's not even wood. I suppose at one time it had a picture of wood on it! Some day I may repaint it, but for now it's okay. It's just just the perfect spot for holding all that I need for my current project. I have my wool cutter there also. It's great to use when I only need to cut a few strips of wool. For serious cutting, I move it to a better location.
I hope you have enjoyed my little tour. Before you can peek in the wool closet, I need to straighten it a bit. I have a very hard time keeping it neat.
Thank you for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

5 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

What a wonderful room for hooking. The colors are so warm and inviting. I think it looks just great!

woolwoman said...

Hey Lauren - that is the same color as my master bedroom - I love it - i think it is a very tranquil color - it was already painted that color when we moved in last year but it was perfect. Love all the neat things you showed in your hooking room and the corner desk is darling - so perfect for that spot. So you used to stitch samplers - interesting - I am really involved in samplers/history/stitching - I would be curious to know why you quit stitching? Sometimes I feel like I should quit - I rarely finish one - just love to start new ones LOL!

Karin said...

Hey Lauren~thank you for showing us your room it looks wonderful!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Your room looks so warm and inviting. A really nice place to sit and be creative....

Rugs and Pugs said...

~ ~ ~ Thanks everyone ~ ~ ~