Saturday, July 18, 2009

Beautiful weeds ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ as long as they are not growing in my garden!
Queen Anne's lace is beautiful ~ and I could tolerate a plant or two.
I'm not sure if this is really a weed, but I found it growing in a field.
It looks like a wild sweet pea.
These remind me of giant snapdragons ~ perhaps not a weed either?
Now I would not want teasel in my garden, but they are
gorgeous at this stage.
So very wispy.
Pretty blue.
I really don't like finding these in my yard, but even the lowly
dandelion has a pretty flower.
Can you think of any weeds with red flowers? I can't.
Wishing everyone a wonderful, fun, productive weekend! Hopefully the
weather will be pleasant tomorrow. I'm off to another outdoor antique
show and if I find any treasures, I will share them with you.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

8 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

HI Lauren!! Those are beautiful weeds ~ for sure!! What antique show are you going to? Is it up around here?? Let me know!!
Great day today ~ the weather was better than predicted!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Alice ~
It's on Clague Road off Route 2 in Westlake ~ a bit of a hike for you!
It was a beautiful day albeit a little cool ~ and we had another small crop of mayflies this morning. This is getting very tiring...lol!
I do hope you are having a great weekend on the lake and doing some hooking! I'm anxious for an update.
Pug hugs to you and your family :)
Lauren

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Thanks, Lauren ~ you're right! Westlake is out of our area for today! I think some friends are coming up and we'll head to the Moose for what we think is the best perch in town!! Hope you find some bargains today!!
Alice

Karin said...

Lauren~ maybe I see you there, we are planning to go.
What beautiful weeds !!!!
Karin

Tammy Burks said...

Lauren,
If you follow my blog you know my husband has a penchant for weeds. The mullien weed will be featured in the rug I'm currently hooking. He also likes the really big thistles and yesterday while we were driving along the highway he pointed out some teasle and said he wishes he had some of that as well.
I consider myself lucky to have someone who sees the beauty in things for what they are...not what they are labeled.

Karin said...

Hi Tammy~ aren't flowers just acceptable weeds?
Lauren I am back and did not find a thing,waiting to hear what you found.
Karin

Rugs and Pugs said...

Tammy ~
Yes I've been following your blog for a long time! Lucky you to have a husband who loves to garden.
Karin ~ I LOVE your definition of a weed. Perfectly put.
As far as I'm concerned, the antique show was much more like a flea market. Very disappointing. I did buy an old picnic basket that some day I hope to hook a rug for the top and one printer block, letter "c". My friend bought one of those really cool sprinklers and a wonderful antique clock.
Thanks to everyone for dropping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren~your pictures are lovely...I would take them all in my garden..except for the dandelions...so sorry your antique show was a disappointment! Have a wonderful week!~Kathy