Monday, June 8, 2009

Wine bottle tree

I bought my wine bottle tree last fall at a craft show. I thought I need a little whimsy in my yard. It may be kind of hard to see, but I still need to drink a couple more bottles of wine to fill all the "branches". (Oh, darn!) The little garden was dug after I brought home that section of picket fence from a neighbor's trash pile. The pump is on loan from my brother and the wheel barrow was a yard sale find my mom got me 13 or 14 years ago.
I plant my son's work boots every year with hen and chicks. The last couple of years I have had a real problem with the squirrels taking them and leaving them scattered on the porch, so almost every day I have to replant one or two of them.
Thank you for stopping!
Lauren

1 comment:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love the wine bottle tree! And your little garden is so cute!! Squirrels can cause a lot of problems ~ but they're cute to watch!!
And yes, mayflies are the same as Canadian soldiers ~ really awful!! They lay in drifts under street lights ~ yuk!